I often come across great quotes from various people. These either come from books I have been reading, conversations I have had, or people I follow on Twitter. Here is a list of my 10 favorite quotes from the last couple of months.
* American pastors: this week, be sure you worship God & celebrate America– not the other way around! ~ Ed Stetzer
* The day that you are willing to sacrifice your private character is the day you are willing to begin sacrificing your public reputation.~ Paul Laso
*A child is not likely to find a father in God unless he finds something of God in his father. ~ J. John
* Churches should value application, not just information as the basis for transformation.
* The phrase “Don’t take this the wrong way” has a 0% success rate. ~ unknown
* Most Christians tend to worship their work, work at their play and play at their worship. ~ Dave Stone
* What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
* Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things which matter least. ~ Goethe
* Too many churches love their church culture more than they love Christ’s mission. ~ Ed Stetzer
* It is amazing how many people are willing to misuse and abuse God’s Word in a failing attempt to validate their preferences.